Merry Christmas, Baby Ezra

The year after we lost our little Ezra I refused to make a Christmas card. If we weren't a whole family, we could not have family photos, and therefore a Christmas card we typically ordered from Costco would be pointless.

Some how since then I have managed to make a photo card, first finding a way to include him in the photos, and then leaving out his photo...but still including him in the signature.

So this year I made the card. I typed our message in several different fonts, styles, and wordings. I changed our names, and left his out, and added it again, and erased it and put it back several times.

I wrestle with my own mind and emotions. I think about all the people that will look at our card and say something, if even to themselves about how I'm not over it, that women have been dealing with the loss of children for centuries past.

So if you get our card this year, thank you for letting me be just a little crazy still, I think next year I'll be able to sign....


Merry Christmas!
Love,
The Hendersons

and know that he's in there....

Comments

Popular Posts