AmAZIng AbRAhaM!

So, for all you sappy girls anxious to hear the story of my birthday surprise, here it is, on my third and final attempt to get modern technology to agree with the spreading of good news!

Second week in September is always fair time here in the Inland Northwest. Doesn't mean much to the run of the mill metropolitans, but I grew up here, when Spokane still had small town feel and no matter how I deny it I love the fair. I took the boys and drug a good friend with a couple of missions. See the beer Dave enetered (after spilling it on the garage floor), get a honey stick for the boys, go to the rodeo, AND see the spinning wheel gals. They've all been mainstays since I was a kid and I knew where they all would be set up. It was a succes, but this year I was more interested in the spinning wheels than before, and it solidified my desire to own one. I grabbed all the information I could in the short minutes the boys were captivated by the wheels mechanics and left with the contact info of a warehouse that allows customers in the area to "test drive" spinning wheels even though their business is almost strictly online.

Fast forward to Wednesday (that was Sunday) we're heading to CdA for a b-day party so I beg Abe to stop and let me just "try" the wheels. He's not a hard sell so of course I got to do what I wanted. The owners were simple and pleasant and pumped the energy right from the start by telling me that it was ironic I stopped today because the wheel they like to sell the most had been hard to get since January but randomly 6 showed up at the shop today and they were just finishing up putting one together, I was more than welcome to try. With a few short tips I was producing yarn. You won't be able to understand my elatement, I'm a FIBER-HOLIC! I drooled all over the thing and then politely stood up, said, "well, not today" and walked away drunk on yarn dust.

So, I immediately started shopping for used ones as I couldn't afford the new one. Bummer, could not find used ones anywhere. I was talking with the yarn manager at work about the whole thing and she told me I could order a different brand through the store and get a discount for being an employee. So delima, what to do? With no money I decided to wait, Abe really thought I should wait for the one I fell in love with even though it was quite a bit more expensive. So I tried to put it out of my mind and when to work the next Tuesday, 16th, yeah. And as I'm ringing my first customer of the day she says something to the fact, man it would be hard to work in this store and not spend too much money. I told her how yes it can be hard and I really have to control myself so acutally take money home. She asked if I quilted and I told her I started working there only knitting/crocheting and now I was quilting and making clothes and how now I was on a mission to get a spinning wheel. "I have one I will sell you, "She says and it was all I could do to scoop my jaw up from the table. "what kind?" She didn't remember so she asked me to name some brands which I rattled of quick leaving my favorite for last. Lendrum! thats it and I thought to my self this is way to WEIRD. She told me she had all teh extras including a carrying bag and she would make me a deal for cash or I could make payments. UNREAL, she said she would bring it to the store a week from Wednesday because she was going to start a sewing class. I said perfect that will be my birthday, got her phone number and tried to work the rest of the night away wondering how I would convince Abe of my NEEd to make a hefty investment right in the middle of hunting season.

SO, the next morning my work called me and asked if I would give some gal a call about a spinning wheel because she would be able to show it to me that day if I was available. So of course I canceled all my plans and called her right away, but she didn't answer her phone, I was a little nervous. She, didn't call me back all day, Abe went to run Tucker and we headed out to my Mom and Dads for dinner. I told my family ALL about it and just as I was finishing the story my phone rang. I ducked away and told everyone it was her. She quickly told me that she had sold it to someone else that morning when I didn't come look at it. Yeah right, you have got to be kidding. I didn't cry, I reserve that for more important things but I could have chewed her ass right off through the phone if I didn't hang up so quick. I could not believe it!!!!! I had to walk back into the room and tell all my family how ridiculous I was for thinking it would really work out... and on my birthday :P

Well, the long story short is Abe was that crazy person who bought it out from under me and he kept it a secret all week while I bad-mouthed that poor lady to everyone I could get an ear from. So at my b-day party my whole family gave me fiber and by the end of the pile of gifts I had a clue something fishy was up and Abe's bag of fiber had a note in that said "for someday" and then he presented me a small box with a note on the top that said "what if someday was today?" it had a wooden screw in it that is the tradmark of the wheel and I knew right away, totally started bawling and he came walking into the room with it slung over his shoulder.

It dawned on me today that these are the sort of blessings i beleive Ezra has the power to give his momma from the other side, thanks little buddy for helping daddy make mommy happy in a time when genuine happiness is so hard to find.

*reading back through this does the story little justice. Hopefully you get the sense. My husband is amazing.

Comments

Popular Posts