The Refreshing

Priest Lake was beautiful. I misanticipated what would be worse, the 29th or Wednesday. So, the days preparing to go on our Ezra encampment were miserable. I was sick to my stomach and I'm not even sure how I got everything packed, because I remember so little of it. We left the morning of the 29th to go back to the lake where we celebrated Ezras short life a year ago on his memorial day. There isn't much to say other than it was more than wonderful. Creation, family, friends, food, good beers, good coffee, campfires, crazy fun kids. My heart is overwhelmingly thankful to God and everyone whose good thoughts, prayers and presence were there with us.


Feeling somewhat healed,
Loving the baby that gives me life,

Jess

Comments

Unknown said…
Jessica-

I have thought about you many times since our chat on August 24. You and Ezra were on my mind all day on the 29th. I even started knitting, inspired by you :) and found that healing as we just passed Samuel's 2nd birthday/heaven day. I'm glad you found some joy at Priest Lake. Those moments are always good. I'm sure Sam and Ezra are partying in heaven. . .wish I was there to see it. OR that they were here.
Love from one momma of an angel to another,

Amy Kenagy

Popular Posts