Two Quick Truths

1. Herb was in the shop today. He is a wise old friend, a retired lay pastor with the united methodist church, and very proud of it in a most humble way. I believe him to be so insightful. When he comes in he will leave me with little things to think about, that are so simple yet so intense, that just meditating on them for small moments gives me progress in my grief. Todays illustration goes like this.

Imagine in some far off prmitive country there is a huge black rock. It is a mile deep, a mile wide, a mile long. Every year a small bird comes to sharpen it's beak on the rock, rubbing left to right with a few quick movements. Then it flies away until next year. When the rock has been rubbed away by this one single small bird, that my friend is one day in eternity. So, while the time left on earth without Ezra seems long and forbearing, eternity with him will be long. Amen.

2. It dawned on me yesterday when I wasn't paying attention to the speaker at MOPS that Ezra's 6 month birthday will be Christmas day. Christmas was depressing before this came to me, more so now. I'm surprised I hadn't realized this before.

Comments

steffany said…
I'm so glad you are writing about it. I'm with you though, I'm a lot more eloquent in my head.

Popular Posts