Never Ask To Sit Down

I've been thinking about using my blog here to talk to people I want to say things to but don't take the chance, most of the time it would be rather untimely or innapropriate.

This one goes out to the jerk sitting a few chairs down from me at Malachis peewee soccer game.

Preface: I signed Malachi up for soccer, thought we could try it. So far it's a little tiresome for him. He plays for a while then wants to come sit with me. I think part of it is overwhelming, and part of it is he's just not physically fit enough to play a solid half hour of full court pee wee soccer.

SO, yesterday at his game he asked his coach if he could sit down with me. An old ass grandpa a few chairs down made some comment about how you never ask the coach if you can sit down. Something to the effect of he can't be a winner. Oh shit, I realized at that moment that what I had innocently signed Malachi up for, pee wee soccer, there were these dumb ass parents who actually think that at this age asking to sit down is a problem. No wonder we're so stupid in America. I feel like pulling Malachi out, but what would that prove. Nothing. I'm just pissed that someone was talking about my son. I wanted to scream at him his baby brother died in August and things are weird for us. We're trying new things and so what if he's 4 and he wants to sit down. Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

thats all.

I miss Ezra terribly today. I had a long day at home wiht the kids, they're sick, and doing laundry, straightening the house...always makes me sad because it is so, so, so obvious that we're missing him.


the flow is not here tonight so this is all.

I'm thinking about entering an essay contest on what defines truth for a group/individual.

jess

Comments

Hey Jess,
I just want to take a moment to say hello. I'm Michelle - Melissa's sister, and I wanted to take a minute to tell you how wonderful your blog is. The fact that you can write so openly and so often, is amazing! There is no reason why any mom should have to go a day without their baby - we're part of a club that no one should have to be a part of, one that we are sad when we have to announce new members.
I'd love to talk with you, when/if you're up for it, mmorford@everettclinic.com or MySpace (i'm on Melissa's friends list).
I look forward to talking with you!
~Michelle (Natalie Loves Mom)

Popular Posts