In the Sandwich

Today is the guts of a sandwich I've been wondering about all year, pressed between the bread of Abe's 27th birthday yesterday, and tomorrow Ezra's 1st birthday. I'm thinking I won't be on here tomrrow, the tears are setting in and ahead of me I have a long night of what I anticipate to be restlessness.

Reflecting on yesterday, it was good. Abe feels like he had a wonderful birthday and I thought for sure a few months ago that nothing shy of a reincarnation would put a smile on his face for the fact he would spend a shared birthday alone. We bought him a beer brewing starter kit, even though he's already brewed a few wonderful batches, he's excited to get some of his own equipment stored away. We joined with a few friens and family for a great meal at the Wolf Lodge near Couer D Alene and spent some wonderful time at Jon and Kendalls afterward. I'm so glad the combination of people and time was good for Abe, a gentle man who needed some repreve.

Today, Happy Birthday Amy, The middle of relief and anticipation of greater relief for having survived a milestone in the life of post tragedy.

And tomrrow, the day we celebrate Ezra's birthday without him, although not entirely. I cannot imagine that he won't be right with us in spirit. He was born early, so we'll be out early to be a family and remember his birth and the joy he brought on that day one year ago, for his brothers so sweetly, and for me and his dad so proudly.

Oh Baby Ezra, I miss you being 1. The things we have planned for you are nothing compared to our longing to just hold you, see you, smell you. I love you baby! Happy Birthday, Momma.

Comments

Popular Posts